Monday, April 13, 2009

Making Your Home Sing Monday: Rainy Day

Making your home sing Mondays
God has given us a rainy day today. My first thought was "UGH, more rain?" as I stared at my baby plants eagerly awaiting a place in my now non-existent garden. But then I turned to notice my surprisingly clean living room floor (thank you, hubby!) and realized it was the perfect day to build that blanket tent Anna has been wanting for a while. I realized I can't even remember when she asked me if we could make one, and I haven't done it yet. Why? No real reason, just haven't taken the time. When was the last time I planned something silly into our day just because my kids would love it? So today, I am spending my rainy monday making my home sing with my kiddos in a blanket tent. We'll have hot chocolate and read books and worry about the plants another day! How are you making your home sing today? Head on over to Momstheword to see how other mom's are making theirs. She has a wonderful post about Time that really spoke to me. It added to my thoughts of my own day and encouraged me to make time for my kids today! Thanks, God, for a restul day after a busy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I remember the blanket tents my kids used to make. They would use tables, chairs, and other furniture to make a "fort!" I miss those days!

    Thank you for joining us today and have fun in the tent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! Taking the time to do the fun stuff is what memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete