Sunday, March 29, 2009

Corn on the Cob, Anyone?




The other night I told Anna I'd cook corn on the cob for her, and of course my little chunky monkey can't stand to see her have something he doesn't, so he began to protest loudly until he got an ear of his own. So here he is chowing down! Aren't those the biggest corn holders you have ever seen? We got them as a wedding gift and the kids love them. Scott thinks it looks like his corn is about to take off! It made me ready for summer corn to be ready. We have a huge Mennonite congregation nearby that sells the most amazing sweet corn in the summer!

Hubby and I had a date Friday night and it was so nice. Not that we don't love going out with the kids, but it was nice to have dinner where no one dropped their fork. As we were getting ready to go, Scott said he felt like he should throw my leftovers on the floor, or spill them on the table and lick them off. He thinks he is funny. :oP

I am home with the kiddos today. They both have colds and my little man is on steriods for wheezing. I had to take him to the dr Friday afternoon (not his because he is closed on Friday afternoons) and he said it sounds like it could be asthma. He is feeling a lot better though, so I am hoping its just a complication of his cold or something. Its weird not to be in church today.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, my children have been a sermon illustration a few times, and me too, but my hubby uses himself too. It's always in good fun!

    I bribed my kids to use the potty. We had a sticker chart and they got a sticker each time they did potty, and I believe we gave two m&ms for #2. (It's been a very long time and hard to remember). They loved the sticker chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, he has a head of it alright! He has had several haircuts...the first by me at 6 months because he had a mullet! How is your sweet girl?

    ReplyDelete