Sunday, March 15, 2009

"The Devil Made 'Em Do It????"

"That old devil gets after preachers and their families on the weekends!"

My husband was told this at a recent associational function and boy, have I come to believe it! It seems if there is some crisis in our family, 9 times out of 1o, it happens saturday night or sunday morning. When did Isaac knock his front tooth out? Yep, Sunday morning as Daddy was in the shower and mom was running around half dressed trying to find clothes for the kids. When does Anna get up 47 times before staying in bed? Yep, most Saturday nights! Last night the kids had me awake at 2:00, 2:45, 3:13, 3:30, 4:45, and 5:00. Isaac wanted in our bed at 2:00 and Anna woke me the rest of the times. She needed a sippy...her bed was too jiggly (what???!!??)...she wanted to lay on the couch....she wanted to watch a DVD (that was 4:45 and I gave up and let her). The 4:45 wake up had wakened Isaac, who decided it was time to get up and began to run around the living room exclaiming loudly at Backyardigans on TV. And after all that.....I overslept! It was a very short night, despite the oversleeping! We drove the 45 minutes to church with Anna in her nightgown because I didn't have time to coax her into clothes before we left. And, being the supermom that I am....everyone ate bfast from the convience store! Honeybun anyone???? Sigh.

But, since we don't have services on Sunday nights, we get to enjoy a semi-lazy Sunday afternoon and I am making breakfast for supper. Oh, had some yummy chili and yeast cornbread last night. I will be back in a bit to post recipes because I think I hear Isaac into something! (Oh, Daddy rescued him. He had his hand stuck in the Drop and Roar Dinosaur!)

1 comment: