Thursday, March 26, 2009

Prayer Requests Abound

I just can't seem to get on the ball with posting every day! So, my 3.8yr old who refuses to use the potty, but pees on the floor like an unruly housepet made an interesting change today. Nope, hasn't used the potty yet, BUT chose to pee on an old highchair tray insert (that we don't use). She said it was because she didn't want to "get the carpet rotted by peepeeing on it" My first reaction was to think "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH THIS KID???" But I am convinced God changed my reaction before it came out my mouth and Iwound up telling her it was "almost like using the potty" and showed her how we would dump it in the potty and wash it just like I would with her potty. I told her I was proud of her for not going on the floor (I have resorted to buying pet stain carpet cleaner!) and she got really excited. There is a little toy she wants at Wal-Mart and her daddy called to tell her if she would use the potty before he gets home, we will go to WM tonight to get it. So, she is currently pondering this offer. I'd rather not bribe her, but geez, we are at the end of our ropes! So, if you think about us, PLEASE say a prayer for something to click in Anna, and her stubborn will to break on this issue! (As I was writing this post she had a dirty accident...well, not accident, she knew what she was doing...in her panties! PRAY HARD)

Speaking of potty issues, my precious boy that is 18 months old today earned himself the spot of sermon illustration last night. Poor preacher's kids! I was fixing lunch and Isaac decides to dump water all over the kitchen floor. I scooped him up and popped him in the pack & play not realizing he was dirty. In the time it took me to walk in the kitchen, wipe up the water, stir lunch and look up to see hubby walking in, he'd taken off his DIRTY diaper in the pack & play! Scott walked in and says "hey bud...why are you naked...OH NO YOU ARE DIRTY!" Uggghhhhh

As for the other prayer request, it is somewhat unspoken because its an issue God is dealing with me on, but hasn't moved in my husband's heart yet. Would you just pray God will align our hearts with His on this matter? Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment